UnforgivenGamers
Register to become an UnforgivenGamer now!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UnforgivenGamers
Register to become an UnforgivenGamer now!
UnforgivenGamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSN security breach

3 posters

Go down

PSN security breach Empty PSN security breach

Post by EarthCancer Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Info about the recent security breach on PSN:

General info about what was stolen and the like.

The above link doesn't mention credit cards being leaked but I am pretty sure they were. This was all stored on plain text files with apparently no encryption or security whatsoever.

There's already a class action law suit in place.

If you think you will be receiving monetary compensation for having your credit card info leaked, think again.

Hackers' chat log (though some have suggested it's fake. I do not know.)

Glad that I have changed credit card numbers and now buy all my M$ points from gas stations because if sony can't be trusted, I seriously doubt microsoft can be trusted either. Mad

Last edited by EarthCancer on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add that credit cards were leaked as well.)
EarthCancer
EarthCancer
N00b

uPoints : 12

Back to top Go down

PSN security breach Empty Re: PSN security breach

Post by Crimshaw Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 pm

It's not entirely Sony's fault I don't think. I'm not trying to sound like a defensive fanboy, but I thought that Sony handed over the PSN and all the online portions of the PS3 over to another company because they were too busy to manage it or something by themselves. Shortly after switching companies, the MW2 hackers started appearing, and from there, the hackers got worse. I don't know this to be fact, but it's what I heard.
Crimshaw
Crimshaw
Admin

uPoints : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by El3mentGamer Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Sony can be perfectly trust EarthCancer. Microsoft can be hacked just as easily if done by the right people. So Sony, still has my respect. The completely started re-working the system, the first day this took place.
El3mentGamer
El3mentGamer
Admin

uPoints : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthCancer Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 pm

El3mentGamer wrote:Sony can be perfectly trust EarthCancer. Microsoft can be hacked just as easily if done by the right people. So Sony, still has my respect. The completely started re-working the system, the first day this took place.

Well I wouldn't say they can be trusted at all, as the very situation we're discussing is evidence of that. And I bet you're right about xbox being just as vulnerable; that's why I will NEVER enter a credit card number into XBL again. It doesn't allow you to delete it if I remember correctly (i had an issue trying to delete old credit card info on there, i forget why i couldn't. Maybe someone else on xbox can chime in here). Anyway, I ain't here for no fanboy nonsense Rolling Eyes , I hope they get you guys sorted out asap.
EarthCancer
EarthCancer
N00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimshaw Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:56 pm

You know, I always try to take a fair viewpoint when dealing with the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but when people immediately start calling others fanboys.... then that just tells me that person might be a fanboy. I, personally hate being called a fanboy of either PS3 or Xbox360 because I just try to look at the facts. I just wish most of the followers of both systems were either smart or mature enough to realize that just because I prefer something over something else, doesn't mean I'm biased, it just means I have an opinion, and that's what I prefer.

And, before we start a flame war here about fanboys and other crap that really is irrelevant, I want to let you guys know, what I just said was not directed at anyone in particular. It was directed at an immature populace of people who apparently aren't willing to accept the fact that both systems have pros and cons.

Sorry if I offended anybody, I tried to keep my topic broad.
Crimshaw
Crimshaw
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthCancer Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Don't get me wrong, Crimshaw, I wasn't calling anyone a fan boy, either. I was simply preemptively acknowledging that argument. I think both have their pros and cons and are really pretty similar anyway. Hell, if I had it my way everyone with an internet connection could play together regardless of system. It's the damn corporate attitude on BOTH sides that will never allow that. As I said last time this was brought up on the unit 13 forum, imagine if we weren't even able to have this conversation right now because you were on a dell and i was on a compaq? It's pretty ridiculous when you look at it in those terms and it's exactly the issue with playstation and xbox not being compatible (though, obviously at this point both sides have created their own infrastructure so i'd imagine it'd be fairly impossible to merge them now anyway). I agree 100% the fan boy argument is immature and completely unfounded. When it comes to the playstation/xbox argument, all it really comes down to is this. It's just childish.
EarthCancer
EarthCancer
N00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimshaw Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Well said EarthCancer. I'm sorry if I sounded as if I had taken your comment in the wrong direction, I didn't feel as though you had called me a fanboy, I merely wanted to discourage it.

And I have to say, if Xbox 360 and PS3 could play online together, then not only would be amazingly entertaining, as that has never really been done with 2 consoles, but also just flat out hilarious. I can envision the pointless arguments and stupid insults being tossed around from people on both consoles, everyone taking sides. The overall community may take a hit from a merge like that though, as some are too stubborn to embrace new ways.

Or at least that's the way I see it.
Crimshaw
Crimshaw
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthCancer Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Haha, indeed. the fan boy crap's funny now, but would be exponentially more so if we were all in the same lobby, playing the same game, looking at the same stuff, doing the same things. Truly point how how inane it all is.
There would definitely be some stubborn players, without question. "What I have is the best and anyone who wishes to question that statement is automatically wrong - no exceptions."
Though those aren't the type of people I care to play with anyway.
EarthCancer
EarthCancer
N00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimshaw Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 pm

I wouldn't care to play with people like that either, although it could more or less be avoided so long as you don't play Call of Duty, because that's where I feel like a majority of the immature populace gather. Or at least I feel that way on the PS3. I don't have a 360, but I've played my cousin's. From what I played, it's definitely not a bad system. It's merely a matter of what we prefer.

Alright, I'm done with the fanboy/console wars talk. We've strayed from the original purpose of the topic anyway. I was told that PSN would be down for about another week or so while they finish up fixing the problem. A lot of people I know are pissed and wanting to get 360s because they have to go a week without Call of Duty.

That's another thing that I dislike these days. Why does everything need to be compared to Call of Duty now? A lot of people won't even look at a game unless it's similar to some kind of FPS shooter, or CoD related.

I've come to the conclusion that I like both systems, it's the people I dislike about them, but that comes with the territory. Plus, not all the people are bad. Some of them are quite enjoyable to be in a lobby with.
Crimshaw
Crimshaw
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthCancer Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm

EarthCancer
EarthCancer
N00b

Back to top Go down